Atul Kumar Jain
Qualification: M.Sc. (Fish & Fisheries Science) & PhD (Aquatic Biology)
Specialization: Freshwater ornamental fish production, Farm designing, Health management, Lifesaving equipment, Designing of Public aquarium gallery, Institutional funding
Dr Atul Kumar Jain is having an experience of 36 years in aquaculture as a researcher, academician, trainer and entrepreneur. He served as a Scientist at Central Institute of Fisheries Education (Indian Council of Agriculture Research, New Delhi, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare, Government of India), Mumbai from 1983-2006. CIFE is a “Deemed to be University” and centre of higher education (post-graduation and PhD) in the field of fisheries which is well recognized internationally. He resigned as a scientist form CIFE in the year 2006 and established his own freshwater ornamental fish breeding farm at Udaipur, Rajasthan during 2006 only. It was later upgraded to a skill development centre in the field of ornamental fisheries. It was because of his sincere efforts that a small production unit could be developed into a research and training centre which is presently recognized by a number of government agencies. He is well known nationally and internationally in the field of ornamental fisheries and invited as a key speaker in a number of seminars and symposiums on the subject. He has been a member or team leader of various ornamental fisheries development assignments and instrumental in formulation & implementation of several ornamental fisheries development schemes of the government. He also served as a team leader of the Project Monitoring Unit for ornamental fisheries development in the country constituted by National Fisheries Development Board (Ministry of Fisheries and Animal husbandry), Hyderabad.
|Atul Kumar Jain |
Mobile: 09413318208, 9001254762
Email : email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
|· Ph. D. (Aquatic Biology): South-Gujarat University, Surat, Gujarat, India (Year: 2000)|
· M. Sc. (Fish & Fisheries): University of Delhi, Delhi, India (Year :1983)
· Cert. Course in the French Language: JRN Rajasthan Vidhyapeeth, Udaipur (Year: 2006)
· PG Diploma in Management: IGNOU, New Delhi (Year: 2015)
· Certified skill development trainer from Agriculture Skill Council of India
|FIELDS OF EXPERTISE||Breeding and culture of freshwater ornamental fishes|
Live fish feed culture
Skill development training
Project consultancy on ornamental fisheries
Designing and setting up of ornamental fish farms, Public Aquarium Gallery
|PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE||Adjunct Faculty: Tamilnadu Dr. J. Jayalalitha Fisheries University, Nagapttinam, Tamilnadu-611002 (2018-2019)|
National Consultant, Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojna, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi (2010-2011)
Director, Tropical Aquaculture and Farming Systems, Udaipur (2006 onwards)
President, Ornamental Fisheries Training and Research Institute, Udaipur (2006 onwards).
Fisheries Scientist, Central Institute of Fisheries Education (Indian Council of Agriculture Research, New Delhi), Mumbai (1986-2006).
Technical Assistant, CIFE, Mumbai (1984-1986).
Senior Research Fellow: CIFE, Mumbai (1983-1984).
|OTHERS||· Organized about 40 numbers of skill development training programmes on ornamental fisheries funded by different government agencies or self-financed by participants.|
· Invited speaker to deliver keynote addresses and lectures on ornamental fisheries at many national institutes, fisheries colleges and departments of fisheries.
· Chairman/member of many national-level committees/events on ornamental fisheries development in the country.
· Consultant to a number of government and private agencies on ornamental fisheries development.
· Principal investigator of several national and international funded projects.
· Authored about 50 scientific research papers & articles and 2 books.